discuss: Thread: URL references not decoded, show up as �

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: URL references not decoded, show up as �
From: "Chris Gorman" ####@####.####
Date: 21 Dec 2000 00:04:10 -0000

Hello All,

I'm kind of new to generating sgml documents, so I thought I'd look at a
couple of small examples from the LDP to see if I could get jade to
function properly, etc.

I found the ldp.dsl DSSSL file, and made the inclusion and exclusion
changes suggested in the ss7.3 in the LDP-Author-Guide.  This added the
white background and TOC for me, but I'm still having a problem with a
character reference and some other fiddely bits.  (I belive &#65533;
represents a character, but I am not certain.)

I've been experimenting with the Java-Decompiler-HOWTO, with debian
woody's task-sgml (docbook, docbook-doc, sp, jade, docbook-stylesheets,
docbook-stylesheets-doc, jadetex, sgml-data, debiandoc-sgml, sgmltools-2,
psgml | xemacs20 | xemacs21, docbook-xml, cygnus-stylesheets,
docbook2man, docbook2texi, docbook-to-man, sablotron, xbel-utils).

When I jade renders a Ulink, like...

<ULink
URL="http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Java"
>&#65533;</ULink

I get...

<A
HREF="http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Java"
TARGET="_top"
>&#65533;</A

in the generated html, rather than having the URL itself introduced in
place of the &#65533; character.  Should I get this behaviour?  Is this a
bug in jade?

My table of contents fonts are off as well (a little too small, and I
loose two lines (<HR> in html).  One accross the top of the page and the
other after the pubdate.

Does anyone know what my error is?  I have been searching around, but
havn't solved it yet and I thought someone on this list might have run
into the same problem.

Chris

Chris Gorman
Software Developer - Corel Corporation
--
New Team - Renewed Focus: Corel ushers in a new era!
To learn more, please visit www.corel.com