discuss: wiki road map

Subject: wiki road map
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 14 Aug 2005 08:47:19 -0000

I think we should have a roadmap to look at the wiki problem.

no final decision should be made in this August vacation
month, it should be unfair for the many tldp guys who are
out of sync now :-)

most of all I think it's not a good idea to set online _all_
the tldp HOWTOs.

* the wiki licence is GFDL by default, this can be changed,
but it's difficult to do so in a per HOWTO basis. On a tlpd
wiki, genral licence should be advertised to go only for the
trivial pages, each HOWTO having it's own authors licence,
* letting all the HOWTO online mean maintainig them up to
date, what I don't bother to do here. a link to the tldp
repository could do the job for all the authors that don't
wan to use the wiki (and I think there are to be many - wiki
is not for anybody)

so I was tp propose to setup a tldp wiki (can we use the
david given one? do we have admin access to it?), set a
"robot.txt" file to prevent it beeing indexed now and work
to make a main page, and some index page, as well as authors
help page... so we could show something handy on early
september.

Then we should discuss on how exactly we can use it.

NB: I have just controlled that wiki admins (buraucrats in
the mediawiki jargon :-) can protect a page, there is no
more "edit" button. Mandatory for the officiel pages. I
don't know yet if it's possible to allow users to protect
they page, but we could make authors buraucrats members, in
case of authors vandalism, it's easy to ban them and I would
be very disapointed if this should arise :-)

jdd

--
pour m'écrire, aller sur:
http://www.dodin.net