discuss: status report author checkup

Subject: Re: status report author checkup
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 12 Aug 2005 12:20:35 -0000

Machtelt Garrels wrote:

> And it should be optional, right?

on my mind, I see all this completely optional. it's a thing
added to the tldp stuff - the web is moving, no? tldp don't
move much :-)

> But maybe there is need of a Wiki-HOWTO, if we ever embark on this track
> :)  As well for the HOW as for the WHY.

for the hox there is
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki#Documentation. the
why is why not? why internet? why linux? why open source?
I'm sure there is somewhere a wiki advocacy :-)

> You mean people could change the document without the author's consent?
> And that is the default behaviour?

this is the base of the initial wiki way. but it's so easy
to choose that should be let at the authors choice.

> It is not as simple as that, I believe.  Our docs are hosted on iBiblio's
> servers and we need their approval for installing new software.

that is evident. however anybody can install a wiki on
sourceforge. Can somebody ask ibiblio on this subject? if
ibiblio says no, the discussion has no more subject :-)

remember that I see this as an open white board mean of
communication between LDP, the authors and the users, not in
any way a replacement for the good way ldp runs today.

jdd

--
pour m'écrire, aller sur:
http://www.dodin.net