discuss: Writing DocBook XML With A GUI Editor

Subject: Re: Writing DocBook XML With A GUI Editor
From: Binh Nguyen ####@####.####
Date: 1 Apr 2005 02:11:52 -0000

On Apr 1, 2005 11:22 AM, David Horton ####@####.#### wrote:
> For anyone interested in using a GUI (Graphical User Interface) editor
> to create HOWTOs and Guides in DocBook XML I have written a short
> tutorial that covers XMLMind's XML Editor (XXE).  XXE is Java-based and
> runs on Windows, Linux and Mac.  The personal edition is a free download.
>
> The tutorial is on line at:
> http://www.happy-monkey.net/docbook/gui-editor.html
>
> Dave Horton

Hi everyone!

I'll vouch for this product :) Extremely easy to use and much better
than any open source project out there (that I know of). However, the
the markup that it produces is not often the easiest to maintain as I
have discovered. Should also make a note of one of their other
products, their XML XSL FO Utility program. Much quicker than
jade/openjade and also free for personal use.

Recently, came across an article of publishing using Open Office though:

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/free_issues/issue_01/pdfs/FSM_issue_01.pdf

Creating Free Software Magazine, A long path that takes us to the very
beginning of this project, Tony Mobily

Still not sure entirely how this works (I'm not the best with XML
markup and the like) but I think this could be a long term solution to
our problem?

Binh.