discuss: Booting from a USB disk HOWTO

Subject: Re: Booting from a USB disk HOWTO
From: "=?gb2312?q?Jing=20S.=20Tang?=" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Feb 2004 08:15:56 -0000

 --- "Pedro M." ####@####.#### wrote> jing
tang wrote:
> > Hi, David and Pedro,
> >
> > I appreciate your comments!
> >
> > I'd appreciate if someone could provide a list of
> > Bioses that can boot USB keys so that I can put
> them
> > in the document. I think that any USB keys could
> be
> > configured as bootable as long as the bios is
> > supporting booting from USB.
> >
> This couilde be a question to be answered in the FAQ
> . We can obtain
> answers from http://www.linuxbios.org/ email list

> Another interesting link
> http://linux-mtd.infradead.org/

Pedro,

Thank you very much for the info. I've posted a
question asking for the list of BIOSes from linuxbios.

*http://linuxmobile.sourceforge.net/english/suppliers.html
> *http://linuxkey.biz
>
> For example, my transcend key cannot be bootable
> because one needs DOS
> boot files

Thanks for the info!

I'm thinking if we could provide a HOWTO on re-burning
the BIOS to support booting from USB disk. The info on
the FAQ of linuxbios does not provide a detailed guide
on re-burning the BIOS.
Anybody knows if there's an existing document talking
about how to re-flash the BIOS?

完全免费的雅虎电邮,马上注册获赠额外60兆网络存储空间
http://cn.rd.yahoo.com/mail_cn/tag/?http://cn.mail.yahoo.com