discuss: man pages

Subject: Re: man pages
From: "Ruth A. Kramer" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Jan 2004 14:52:30 -0000

Michael Still wrote:
> On 4 Jan 2004, Glen Turner wrote:
>
> > The quality of the man pages is a typical Linux distribution
> > makes me despair for the sanity of users.
> >
> > There are commands without man pages, there are command
> > options which are unexplained, there are descriptions
> > so detailed as to boggle the mind but no example of
> > the most common usages.

I agree that man pages leave something to be desired, especially for a
beginner.

One of my objectives in starting WikiLearn is to address things like
this.  I invite you and anyone else to participate.  See, for example:

http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/WebHome

follow the links to:

AboutThesePages (and then to:
   UsingFtpBeginner