discuss: LSB for DTDs?

Subject: Re: LSB for DTDs?
From: Gregory Leblanc ####@####.####
Date: 15 Mar 2001 19:33:25 -0000
On 15 Mar 2001 14:16:18 -0500, Mark Komarinski wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Linux Standards Base is talking about locations
> for the DTDs?  In re-writing the LAG, I use the phrase "check your distribution"
> so much I'm thinking of creating an ENTITY for it.  It would be nice
> if there was some common locaiton I could point readers at.

Yes, the LSB now specifies a good SGML/XML filesystem layout.  The next
version of RH looks like it will ship with the new layout, but I'm not
sure about anybody else.  Since I can't figure out how to attach an
email to this, I'll just paste the announcement that I've got.  Enjoy!

    Greg

The standardization proposal of the infrastructure for an SGML & XML
installation has been accepted by LSB and FHS :-).

From George Kraft (LSB) :
Dan Scott from the LDP looked at it, then SGML formatted it for the LSB.
It is in the LSB v0.4 spec.

http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/spec/lsbsgml.html

Also, Rusty Russell reports that he has integrated the 2nd part into FHS
v2.2

http://netfilter.filewatcher.org/fhs/fhs-2.2-stage-II-6-Jan-2001.tar.gz
http://netfilter.samba.org/fhs/fhs-2.2-stage-II-6-Jan-2001.tar.gz
http://netfilter.kernelnotes.org/fhs/fhs-2.2-stage-II-6-Jan-2001.tar.gz
should we simply destroy the mailing list? Jorge?

####@####.#### remains as a place to discuss the utilities
from the "docbook-utils" package, conformant to the newborn standard, that we
might develop in the future.