discuss: Re: New document: Linux and Android HOWTO

Subject: Re: New document: Linux and Android HOWTO
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2016 14:50:56 +0000

Le 10/03/2016 15:27, ####@####.#### a écrit :

> The HOWTO includes instructions for backing up apps and data, that seems like
> a real world use. ;-)

should be quoted in 1.1 Purpose of this guide

I can connect my tablet very easily from the beginning (=without reading
the howto), to copy the data (but not the apps), so the HOWTO is mainly
interesting for other purpose - but fun is a	n interesting purpose also

>> just for completeness, I have 3 phones that I couldn't root easily, one
>> tablet that could be rooted in a snap with framaroot (not sure the
>> name), and the last that is rooted from the beginning (Chinese, cheap
>> and very slow one)
>
> I'm curious, I also have a (fairly) cheap Chinese tablet.  The distributor
> says it can't be rooted, I haven't been able to root it, but some apps /
> utilities that I've installed say it is rooted (and some say it is not).  I
> would like to exchange brand names with you, as I'm curious if it is the same
> device or manufacturer (iRulu is the brand, I'm not sure if they are a
> distributor or the manufacturer).

to be complete, this one was given to me by my daughter, because the
battery was broken nearly from the beginning. I could solder an old
phone battery that gives me a bit more than one hour running time. But
it's so slow to be nearly unusable. But perfect to potentially dangerous
work.

During my previous tests, I made a system reset and was surprised to see
it's still rooted.

There are no brand on the box, but following the HOWTO I could find the
constructor ID

It's a "Qpad", L916-3, kernel 3.4.0+liusi@gpt-server-sw "290vthu Apr 3
14:0037 CST 2014

root is assured by "superuser"

lsusb gives : Bus 004 Device 005: ID 10d6:0c02 Actions Semiconductor
Co., Ltd

adb connects but only if I turn on mass storage on the tablet (and add
then ID in .android)

jdd