discuss: Re: New document: Linux and Android HOWTO

Subject: Re: New document: Linux and Android HOWTO
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Mar 2016 15:53:29 +0000

Hello and good morning Randy,

>I started to review the HOWTO, but I found it too distracting to
>try to review it with the sgml markup, so I'd ask these questions:

Thank you for undertaking the review.  I have also found the markup
too distracting when performing a language or content review.

It looks like Rick Moen was also teaching you to fish for Linuxdoc
today, but I was already in process of putting the outputs up for
you.  So, here they are.  I put them in-progress document up on my
own website in a scratch area that I will delete when you are done.

>Is there an easy way to view the document on the Internet (i.e.,
>without downloading it) in formatted (rendered) form?

Here are a few choices, depending on which format you prefer:

  http://linux-ip.net/ldptmp/Linux-Android-HOWTO/Linux-Android-HOWTO.txt
  http://linux-ip.net/ldptmp/Linux-Android-HOWTO/Linux-Android-HOWTO.pdf
  http://linux-ip.net/ldptmp/Linux-Android-HOWTO/Linux-Android-HOWTO.html
  http://linux-ip.net/ldptmp/Linux-Android-HOWTO/Linux-Android-HOWTO-single.html

>How can I easily download that file to my computer (I use Linux if
>it matters-- I'm really just looking for a link--"Save Page As"
>doesn't seem to be what I what)?

You could use the .pdf file above.

>If I download it, what would be a good tool to view the file in
>rendered form?  Would Okular do the job?  Or (Libre | ??) Office
>(writer?)?

I would use okular or evince for viewing the PDF.

Perhaps send your comments to the author and let me know once you've
finished the review.

Thank you, again, for reviewing the Linux-Android-HOWTO.

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown
http://linux-ip.net/