discuss: Re: review of unpublished source documents

Subject: Re: RFC: review of unpublished source documents
From: Mark Komarinski ####@####.####
Date: 24 Feb 2016 19:46:36 +0000

> On Feb 24, 2016, at 2:25 PM, Martin A. Brown ####@####.#### wrote:
>

> Tuning-Linux
> ------------
> I suggest publishing (contingent on author).
>
>  (guide/docbook/Tuning-Linux)
>
> The author is Mark Komarinski (TLDP volunteer who is currently
> active on this list).  It looks like there is quite a bit of good
> general content in there.  Would you like to publish this?
>
> How would you feel about picking a specific license for this
> document instead of using plain language "Permission to distribute
> in electronic form for any purpose is granted. […]"

Well that brings back memories.  A quick look at the text shows most of the content is pretty dated (from 2001) and there have been a lot of changes to technology since.  I’m not sure if it’s worth publishing in this state but I have no problem changing the copyright to GFDL or publishing if you feel it’s worth putting up.  If anyone else wants to take a crack at updating this I’m open to someone else taking it on.

>  Q:  Who is Snow White's brother?
>  A:  Egg white!  Get the yolk?

*groan*

-Mark