discuss: Formats

Subject: Re: Formats
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 11 Feb 2016 19:07:06 +0000

Le 11/02/2016 18:55, J. S. Evans a écrit :

> I am not going to use docbook or linuxdoc.  I think they are too time
> consuming to learn and the energy required to use them is greater than
> benefit.

you can't really, and the minimal knowledge is very small.

you can't if, like you post seems to say, you intend to export it to
docbook afterward.

Simply because you can't export to docbook (or any other format)
anything not already prepared to be so - the only other way is to make a
snapshot (jpd, image) of the document.

So you need to know howto write docbook to be able to build the document
in the first place.

read the author guide (at least the wiki version, I don't remember the
other one). using a template makes it very easy to write any doc.

one have only to make consistent titles / lists and avoid tables.

the only thing not clear at the time was what to do with images, because
images had to be avoided to cope with slow bandwith that was regular.

You can very easily test writing in the wiki (and then export, all this
is documented) if you work online, or use LibreOffice and write to
Docbook xml, even begin to write docbook with LibreOffice.

the main problem is that anybody have to refrain from trying to make
fine layout. Doc do not mind layout, only structure and content works

jdd