discuss: [RFC] General Guide

Previous by date: 11 Feb 2016 04:46:39 +0000 Re: Linuxdoc vs Docbook. Was:Re: LAG changes, multiple formats; DocBook 5.0 was [ My rejected "replacement" for the Author Guide, Mark Komarinski

Subject: [RFC] General Guide
From: David Niklas ####@####.####
Date: 11 Feb 2016 04:46:39 +0000

I really think that before we get started with making all this great
documentation that it is most important that, we should have a minimum
knowledge guide.

Why:
Most Linux guides have to spend considerable time bringing the readers up
to speed on the more basic Linux things which is very wasteful.

Solution:
I propose that we should explain these things to them as a kind of intro
to Linux terminology and simple practices vs. a beginner guide, because
the beginner will want to learn basic linux whereas the experienced user,
like me, will just want to know, for example, what a motif vs. a neXtish
scrollbar is (I do know the answer, btw). This would make such a guide
worthy to all.

Sincerely, David