discuss: Getting Started With Working With Git

Subject: Re: Getting Started With Working With Git
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2016 16:13:10 +0000

>> Agreed.  The tool works for us and it works for some significant
>> subset of our discipline, but not everybody uses (or is interested
>> in using a git or a DVCS).  And some people prefer not to use
>> GitHub.
>>
>> For those who have contributions and do not or will not use GitHub,
>> email works.
>>
>> In that light, here's some suggested text for the LDP Author Guide
>> (someplace):
>>
>>   TLDP accept contributions via ####@####.#### in addition to
>>   github pull requests. An LDP volunteer will take responsiblity for
>>   applying the patch or committing the submitted document and
>>   confirming and communicating with the submitter.
>>
>> Judging from my read of the discussion over the weekend, we are all,
>> roughly speaking in agreement about this....
>>

> I have something similar to that in there now but I can make it
> clearer (check the current version in GitHub).

Just looked...is this the paragraph you mean?

  https://github.com/tLDP/LDP/blob/master/LDP/guide/docbook/LDP-Author-Guide/ag-distribute.xml#L216

> Given submit isn't working (or is it?) the current instructions
> are to e-mail discuss@ and a volunteer will work with them to get
> it put in.

Last I knew, submit@ was not connected to a human.  I think it was
last connected to /dev/null.  So, good choice.

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown
http://linux-ip.net/