discuss: Q: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ was [New Guide: Package Management Basics]

Previous by date: 3 Feb 2016 20:05:41 +0000 Re: Q: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ was [New Guide: Package Management Basics], Mark Komarinski
Previous in thread: 3 Feb 2016 20:05:41 +0000 Re: Q: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ was [New Guide: Package Management Basics], Mark Komarinski

Subject: Re: Q: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ was [New Guide: Package Management Basics]
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Feb 2016 20:05:41 +0000

Hello,

>>> I took a quick look at by-nc-sa/4.0/ and it looks OK.
>>
>> Great.  Thanks!  [Mark:  Can you add that to the list of accepted?]
>
>Done (thanks David).  There’s a mention of an LDP license that is
>currently under review.  Should we just drop that in favor of one
>of the others that already exist?

Unsure.

Additional information:  A few years ago, jdd and mhydra created a
wiki page tracking contact with individual authors and listing also
the license of every one of our documents.

  http://wiki.tldp.org/Page_Status

>> Also, I think there are several places where accepted licenses are
>> listed.  It'd be good to get that into a single place, so that there
>> are not discrepancies.
>
>That sounds like a good idea.  I can change the LAG to point there,
>or use the LAG as the canonical location.  I’m good either way.

OK.  For now, I'll simply enqueue this task (identifying locations
where accepted licenses are listed and canonifying them).  If
somebody grabs it, great; I'll be watching here.

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown
http://linux-ip.net/