discuss: My rejected "replacement" for the Author Guide

Subject: My rejected "replacement" for the Author Guide
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 3 Feb 2016 07:38:40 +0000

Almost 10 years ago I thought that our Author Guide was so long and
complex that it would scare away potential authors so I wrote a howto on
the top.  It's on my website at
www.lafn.org/~dave/linux/author-howto.html.  It was rejected by Ferguson
since it is in conflict with the Guide, which I referenced in the howto.
I guess I was hoping that someone else would volunteer to revise the Guide
but I wasn't following the list closely and didn't find the rejection email
until years later.

So what about using it as a basis and revising the Guide to conform with
it.  New acceptable formats I think should be plain text (except for
guides) and html.  I think that there is no strong need for any doc to be
in all the formats we have been publishing in.

Also see my linux page at www.lafn.org/~dave/linux/  I've got a proposal
for using a sampling review there.  I think that it's more efficient if just
one person who understands the topic just does one sampling review.  The
two review process was created by LDP since some people in LDP didn't know the
technical aspects very well.