discuss: Q: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ was [New Guide: Package Management Basics]

Previous by date: 29 Jan 2016 05:41:12 +0000 Re: Q: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ was [New Guide: Package Management Basics], Mark Komarinski
Previous in thread: 29 Jan 2016 05:41:12 +0000 Re: Q: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ was [New Guide: Package Management Basics], Mark Komarinski

Subject: Re: Q: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ was [New Guide: Package Management Basics]
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jan 2016 05:41:12 +0000

Hello there,

>> And, looking for our accepted licenses, I found link rot in this
>> page, with regard to the DFSG licenses:
>>
>>  http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/doc-licensing.html
>
>Just submitted an update.

Great!  Thank you!

>Looks like CC SA has been retired so I’ve removed that as well and
>updated CC BY-SA to point to 4.0.

DFSG seems to consider CC-BY-SA 3.0 and CC-BY-SA 4.0 in the
acceptable category.

I would still like to hear from our license aficionados.

The question remains about TLDP's position on accepting documents
licensed with CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0.

>Also started updating documentation to use git.  I’m figuring this
>out quickly so I think there will be other updates soon.

OK, very good.  If anybody else has suggestions for workflow,
tools, links, concepts or even books around git, now is a great time
to holler.

I think that, in the LDP-Author-Guide, we should, at least, point
out that it is not required to get a github.com account to send us
patches.  The old submit@ address can be resurrected and we can take
patches there.  This is the wonderful thing about a DVCS.  No
lock-in!

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown