discuss: volunteering for some TLDP work

Subject: volunteering for some TLDP work
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jan 2016 19:37:20 +0000

Hello TLDP volunteers, authors and lurkers,

I'm an LDP contributor (1 guide, 2 howtos), very occasional reviewer
(between 2002 and 2005), and mailing list lurker (since about 2002).

I recently read Serge's comment that he was the only member of the
LDP volunteer team.  Well, that won't do!  Thus, I'm volunteering to
join the team and contribute.

Until about six months ago, and for more than a decade prior, Greg
Ferguson quietly provided all of our document processing and
publication services.  As one volunteer to another (though he's
gone), I'd like to thank him for all of his years of work for TLDP.

Over the years, this mailing list has frequently seen postings about
the value of TLDP documents.  (I remember well the value to me of
Matt Welsh's book _Running Linux_ which I bought as a Linux beginner
in about 1997 or so.)

We continue to hear people like J.S. Evans (thank you, by the way
for your engagement, concern and kind words) describing how valuable
our documentation is.

I volunteer to help steward this value of the LDP, and try to help
us build a toolchain to accomplish what Greg Ferguson accomplished
for so many years.

I'm ready to commit some small number of hours (say five) per week
for some as-yet unspecified duration.

So, TLDP folk, you may see some email from me in the coming days,

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown
http://linux-ip.net/