discuss: Installfest HOWTO edits

Subject: Re: Installfest HOWTO edits
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 18 Aug 2014 09:58:26 +0100

Quoting Marcia K Wilbur ####@####.####

> Thank you, Rick, for the quick response and information! This helps a lot.
> I have already started with some updates.
> Thanks for the great example also. That was a tremendous help!

Yr. very welcome.  Looks like that one's in DocBook XML format.  You'll
find a working example of the somewhat dustier DocBook _SGML_  format at
http://linuxmafia.com/wpfaq/wordperfect-linux-faq.sgml, and my lazy-ass
primitive shell script to generate single- and multi-page HTML versions
from it using 'jade' and the ldp.dsl stylesheet is as
http://linuxmafia.com/wpfaq/do .  (I tend to call most of my perfunctory
shell scripts of the moment 'do'.)

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/transformations.html gives
an equivalent (and predictable) incantation for DocBook XML.

Other parts of that worthy document give tonnes of expert tips for
advanced editing software environments, validators, etc.  FWIW, by
contrast, I applied my standard caveman-sysadmin approach and just used
plain ol' vim with no special modes or any enhancements whatsoever.
Works for Me.[tm]

--
Cheers,                       Do not believe you'll get the chance to choose.
Rick Moen                     Regret, by definition, comes too late;