discuss: Idea for new complete Linux documentation

Subject: Re: Idea for new complete Linux documentation
From: "frank ernest" ####@####.####
Date: 21 Mar 2014 19:17:14 +0000

>Well, you may be trying to be frank, and you may be trying to be
>earnest; but your letter comes over to me as the work of a troll trying
>to start a fight of some kind.

I'm neither frank nor ernest, the first rule of security is to feed the computer false information (but not the person on the other end of the email.) If somebody steals a fake name and social security number, what use is it? I'm no troll either (still I can't think of any reason, off the top of my head, why you should believe that,) if I have been impolite or something please alert me and I'll repent.

>There are pitifully few writers working for The Linux Documentation
>Project; and the publishing model being used is hopelessly out of date.
>
>But still we struggle on.
>So I suggest you develop your own publishing model; put your offering
>out there your own way; and see what happens to it.

I'm sorry to hear this.

>One thing, however, is certain.  You are NOT going to achieve instant,
>world-wide, acclaim as a tech. writer by bitching on this list.

I'm not trying to achieve high acclaim, read my post. Is there conceit within? (I'm offering my work GPL/GDFL, no room for money making either.)
I'm trying hard not to b**** either.
I was acctually hoping for some advice, but you are unwilling to give any, and hanging around will apparently only get me in trouble sooner or later.
I'm sorry to have bothered you.
I know so many people around where I live that are most enthusiastic to share their wisdom (there are no good book writers though,) it's sad to meet somebody (especially here of all places!) that assumes your an evil creature (when you volenteer to help of all things.)
A final question, if I do succeed in creating a manual and I dare to deem it worthy of being accociated with the great Linux operating system (read reverance NOT making fun,) would you be so kind as to review it should I post a link?

Thank you for your time/trouble, David