discuss: Re: [discuss] Re: Request for comments and recommendations

Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: Request for comments and recommendations
From: Krastyo Komsalov ####@####.####
Date: 6 May 2012 17:11:00 +0100

Hi,

     At the end I finished creating seemly "at least from my point of view"
XML DocBook file for "How to turn the Acer Aspire One into a wireless
access point"
http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/Acer_wireless_AP.xml

     I used
Syntext Serna Free 4.4.0-20111103.0
Copyright © 2003 - 2010 Syntext, Inc. All rights reserved.
http://www.syntext.com/products/serna-free/

I used TLDP DocBook template to convert it
to PDF, HTML and TXT:
PDF
http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/pdf/
HTML
http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/html/
TXT
http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/txt/

For PS I used as source
http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/Acer_wireless_AP.eps.xml
The only difference is that instead of JPG, EPS formatted images are
used for source.
http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/ps/
The PDF file in this directory is created from the PS with ps2pdf.

This is the script for converting to all formats
http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/convert_docbook2XXX

Entire source tree with all files is here:
http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/

There is tar.gz and tar.bz2 archives of the tree in same directory.
http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/Acer_wireless_AP.tar.gz
http://komsalov.homelinux.org/AcerWiFi/Acer_wireless_AP.tar.bz2
or from TLDP
http://wiki.tldp.org/KrastyoKomsalov?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Acer_wireless_AP.tar.gz
http://wiki.tldp.org/KrastyoKomsalov?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Acer_wireless_AP.tar.bz2

     I did not uploaded or updated any other files as I don't know how
to create sub folders
in the TLDP Wiki page, and attachment page of my home page started to
become too polluted.

     I am still wondering about the name, as
"How to turn the Acer Aspire One into a wireless access point"
is too long and does not correspond really well with the main goal
to create as simple as possible guide how to create AP from laptop.
May be something like:
"Wireless AP from laptop HOWTO"
is better.

      Please check it and let me know what you think and what
recommendations
you have for corrections and next steps.

thanks,

Krastyo Komsalov
1N-440 Abelard, Verdun - Ile des Soeurs, QC, CA, H3E-1B5
Mobile:(514) 445-6726
Home: (514) 728-5867

http://ca.linkedin.com/in/kkomsalov