discuss: Contacting TLDP authors. Status of the work.

Subject: Re: [discuss] Contacting TLDP authors. Status of the work.
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jan 2009 20:15:23 +0000

OK, so I am massively backlogged (632 emails to go...) but I think this
should not be dropped yet.

O.R.Senthil Kumaran wrote:

> * scriptor Mendel Cooper, explico
>
>>>Probably we will have problems with maintainers. What do you think?
>>>Where to take maintainers from?
>>>
>> A completely heretical idea:
>>
>> Ask IBM, Novell, HP, etc. for funding so the maintainers and other
>> volunteers can actually be paid for their work.
>>

> Another suggestion would be to seek Google's Open Source Team's attention as
> well. They have been contributing quite a lot to OSS Field.

Newspapers suggest there is a resource freeze at Google, if true this means
getting resources from Google can be difficult.

> BTW, a long back I had seen a post at Google's blog stating that one of
> their engineer had released an updated list of How-Tos working on his 20% time.
> Do any of you know about it? Or am I mistaken?

I believe you are referring to Michael Kerrisk who was maintaining
man-pages in his Google 20 percent time since November 2004, currently on a
fellowship from the Linux Foundation. There is not much communication
between him and TLDP though it was mentioned he wanted to drop the
intro(LDP) page a while ago.

You might want to look at
http://linux-man-pages.blogspot.com/

Regards,