discuss: contacting old ldp timers

Subject: Re: [discuss] contacting old ldp timers
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 17 Dec 2008 21:34:48 +0000

jdd wrote:

> some of them listen to this list (hello :-)), but not all of them.
> Anyway LDP belongs mostly to them, people in this list:
>
> http://tldp.org/vlist.html

I am on the list and while I have been somewhat quiet lately I have not
given up the work or the plans. When I have the time to spare I go through
the email traffic and as uyou can see I am now working on the August postings.

> I think the least we can do is to write them to thanks them for the
> past work, show what you try to do, invite them to give any advice and
> participate and ask them to bless us :-))

I am listed as technical contributor and that is where my main interests
lie. That however should not stop others from joining in as much remains to
be done, particularly regarding document management systems that have been
discussed for more years I can remember.

> If you agree, I can write the mail, but is that necessary or can we
> take for granted they already knows all this?
>
> People of choice, if you read above my shoulder, say so, your advice
> is very important to me :-))

I have earlier been sceptical about wikis but I did give it a try. It will
be interesting to see how this new effort goes.

On the non-technical side I hope we can have someone write the LDP Weekly
News. I did a few way back but day time work requires more hours than I had
expected so it will be a while before I find teh time myself. Still, news
postings can help the visibility of LDP.

Regards,
    Stein