discuss: Generate PO from SGML

Subject: Re: [discuss] Generate PO from SGML
From: Fernando Boaglio ####@####.####
Date: 23 Nov 2008 01:26:43 +0000

Hi,

http://techbas

> gives me a pot file I can open in kbabel. I can translate
> sentence by sentence.
> I don't know exactly what to do then
>
> May I guess than, when opening both the english file and,
> say, the
> french one, kbabel will point the changes?

No, actually they are both on the same PO file, just like that:

#: finddialog.cpp:38
msgid "Globular Clusters"
msgstr "Amas globulaires"

Using KBabel, on the upper side you will see msgid (original message), and on the bottom you will see the msgstr, where you can modify and translate. If you have a dictionary, kbabel can try to translate it for you automatically.

http://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Concepts/PO_Odyssey

[]'s
Fernando Boaglio

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com