discuss: link page

Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: link page
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 11 Nov 2008 19:59:52 +0000

Quoting Jean-Daniel Dodin ####@####.####

> better link to this page, may be better make the page link on the
> wiki? (easier to update?)

The SVLUG page is largely tailored to the San Francisco Bay Area and to
the perceived needs and priorities of SVLUG members, rather than to LDP.
LDP has a slightly different focus.

But I imagine that a link _from_ LDP's links page to SVLUG's might be
useful -- if judged good.  (I'm not a suitable judge of that, as I
maintain the page.)

Having LDP's link farm page reside on LDP's wiki seems a good idea on
technical grounds, _but_ LDP would need to exercise tight control over
content:  More than with most pages, everyone with a Web site to push,
commercial or otherwise, will try to argue that it belongs on the LDP
link farm.

The SVLUG page is under sole control of SVLUG's Web Team (mostly me),
so the group doesn't have that problem.  Once in a while someone or some
firm e-mails an inappropriate request for inclusion, and we just
politely turn it down.