discuss: Re: licence problems / wiki pages footer

Subject: Re: [discuss] licence problems / wiki pages footer
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 4 Oct 2008 09:07:14 +0100

Rick Moen a écrit :

> Did iBiblio migrate the wiki from one machine to another, at some point
> in the last few months?

yes, and it was disscused here the LDP have got a new very powerfull
server. Right now only the wiki was moved by Sergius (he's busy, right
now), but still use Moin.

  The reason I ask is that Robert Spencer and I
> both did quite a bit of wiki editing, early on, and then my family went
> to Europe for a few weeks, and when I came back the wiki looked quite
> different and I _thought_ I could no longer find my and Robert's earlier
> work in the site changes history.  (I could be wrong.)

there was a migration instruction published - better see with Sergius
if you have some problems

> What I'm mainly thinking about, above is:  The less LDP is obliged to
> rely on implicit licensing, the better.

true

> The "by hitting Save Changes you are assenting" makes the act of
> licensing explicit rather than implicit, clearer to everyone, and more
> defensible in the case of dispute (legal or otherwise).

the "textcha" used to fight spam makes it mandatory to enter a
password in a box to save the document.

could we add a small sentence above, saying "entering this pass, I
confirm having read the...) or something like this?

> It's not that important, but the standard order for that data is
> Copyright (c) [year], [owner name]

I changed this in the HOWTOTemplate

thanks
jdd