discuss: licence problems

Subject: Re: [discuss] licence problems
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Sep 2008 20:02:37 +0100

Rick Moen a écrit :
> Frankly, I've already explained this.  Your tendentious follow-up
> questions suggest that you merely didn't like that answer.

you probably didn't read the mails in order. we already discuss all
this. that we agree or not have little importance. if the licence page
of the wiki have your agreeent, all is nice (if not, write one...).

> Those HOWTOs that are presently under forkable, free licences can be
> updated without special permission.  The others cannot.  Was that not
> abundantly clear ages ago?

other people (not me, not you) began to copy HOWTOs to the wiki
without adressing the licence problem. then stopped. If all the HOWTOs
had the same licence, we would not even have to ask the question, is
not that simpler?

> The simple, short answer is:  of course not!  People are perverse and
> peculiar; people want diverse things.

at present time, people vote for wikis like wikipedia where they have
no choice

may be it's time for the LDP to make things simple or die... but the
default licence as explained at present time on the wiki seems to me
reasonably simple (on a large part thanks to your work)

jdd

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org