discuss: licence problems

Subject: Re: [discuss] licence problems
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 25 Sep 2008 22:09:12 +0100

Rick Moen a écrit :

>> but you can have a situation where two derivative works have twxo
>> uncompatible licences, and how do you cope with this on the LDP?
>
> I'm not sure I understand your phrase "a situation where two derivative
> works have two incompatible licences".  Let's attempt to discuss a
> specific situation.

let me be more precise.

the work ONE have three parts, A, B, C.

He have a dual licence G and F.

one people find an error in the part A, copy the entire document,
correct A and want to use licence G, this gives document TWO

an other people find an error in the part C, copy the entire document
ONE and correct C, then choose licence F, this gives document THREE

how can we have a document with no error at all? we can't mix TWO and
THREE

and this is a pretty common case for HOWTOs that can be worked by two
people not knowing from each other

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net