discuss: licence problems

Subject: Re: [discuss] licence problems
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2008 18:49:51 +0100

Rick Moen a écrit :
> Quoting Jean-Daniel Dodin ####@####.####
>
>> in fact the old manifesto only state:
>>
>> "Anyone may copy and distribute (sell or give away) LDP documents (or
>> other LDP works) in any media and/or format. No fees are required to
>> be paid to the authors. It is not required that the documents be
>> modifiable, but it is encouraged. "
>
> So, imagine an LDP author hauling you into court, suing you for
> copyright infringement.  You hand the judge a copy of the (old) LDP
> manifesto, and say "See!  We _do_ have the right to make derivatives."
> The plaintiff responds, "I never granted that permission.  It might be
> LDP's view that 'anyone may copy and distribute', but it's not mine, and
> this is my work we're talking about."
>
> What's your response?  Other than to lose, get an injunction against
> you, and possibly pay damages?  ;->

my answer is that the authors was the one that asked to be included in
LDP documents, so doing he accepts the LDP policy.

anyway the above LDP statement don't speaks of derivatives work.

Don't forget LDP don't copy others documents to include them in his
docs, they are the autors that gives docs to the LDP.

anyway, this discussion is not that important, we can't even accept to
be suspected of licence infringement (rember the Cesar's wife :-).

So We have to keep any problematic document untouched on it's own page
and open a comment page (this is always allowed).

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org