discuss: Would like to maintain Linux Networking Howto

Subject: Re: [discuss] Would like to maintain Linux Networking Howto
From: "O.R.Senthil Kumaran" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2008 06:35:41 +0100

Thank you very much for the quick reply, Mr. Rubini. I shall contact Terry
Dawson regarding this.

One of the points which is worth noticing for the TLDP is the following.

> >>  GFDL is the best choice for us, may be somebody can explain us if
> >>  the change GPL->is possible easily
>
> No. It is not easy. The copyright holders (_all_ the copytight
> holders) should agree to re-release under a different license. GPL and
> GFDL are incompatible licenses, so no automatic conversion is
> possibile in either direction -- that's why it's so bad that gnu
> documents are not gpl any more (imho).

Which makes it clear, that None of the TLDP documents which are GPL Licensed
can be made into a wikibook and hosted en.wikibooks.org, unless all the authors
agree to releasing the document under GFDL.

Thats should be okay. TLDP itself is undergoing certain changes to port the
documents to wiki.tldp.org and I am assuming that all the licenses will remain
intact and this wiki does not have any restrictions with respect to Licenses.

To TLDP list:
I just re-visited wiki.tldp.org and found that it has undergone a wonderful
change. Few months ago, it was in a bad shape (with Spams) and I decided upon
on wikibooks.org site. Now I feel that it is better to migrate all the TLDP
Documents to wiki.tldp.org and expose it to the world.

Thank you,
Senthil

* scriptor Alessandro Rubini, explico

--