discuss: Would like to maintain Linux Networking Howto

Subject: Re: [discuss] Would like to maintain Linux Networking Howto
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 12 Sep 2008 10:19:57 +0100

O.R.Senthil Kumaran a écrit :
> Hello,
> Linux Networking Howto is currently in unmaintained status:
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/NET3-4-HOWTO.html
>
> I started updating it at Wikibooks and would like to maintain the document.

good, thanks

> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Linux_Networking_How-To
>
> Maintainership is important to me, if I have to keep the how-to at Wikibooks
> site, the document needs to be under GNU Free Documentation License, than under
> GPL (which it is currently under).

no problem for *us*

> Though the choice of wikibooks to maintain was based on my confort level, I
> would like to keep the updated copies at TLDP as well.
>
> Please let me know your views and how should I proceed?

* try to contact Alessandro Rubini (former maintainer) if you can, to
ask him. If the new HOWXTO is nearly the same as the old one, it's
necessary, if it's significantly different it's not. It's important
specially for the licence change;

* Please host the HOWTO at http://wiki.tldp.org

the LDP is now in a special moment, we are re-organising our workflow,
so don't worry if all is not always as smooth as expected :-)

GFDL is the best choice for us, may be somebody can explain us if the
change GPL->is possible easily

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net