discuss: Scam targeting LDP contributors

Subject: Re: [discuss] Scam targeting LDP contributors
From: Mendel Cooper ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jan 2007 20:02:03 -0000

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Machtelt Garrels wrote:

> And why do you think it is a scam?  Because it is outside of the US?
> There's lots of stuff outside the US, you know ;-)

True, much of the interesting work on Linux is taking place outside of North
America. But . . .

   "I am responsible for the introduction to the world of a novel meta
    language which will make application building far more straightforward
    and much faster for  programmers ... "

Novel meta language? Is this guy trying to make like Richard Stallman, or
what?

    "The development is under stealth at present ..."

Aha, stealth. Keeping secrets, are we? This is the real red flag.

    " ... we are looking for a partner ... "

As in investment partner, maybe?

To me, just about everything in the e-mail screamed scam, but maybe I'm
overly paranoid.

Mendel