discuss: Scam targeting LDP contributors

Subject: Scam targeting LDP contributors
From: Mendel Cooper ####@####.####
Date: 14 Jan 2007 18:30:12 -0000

A couple of days ago I received the following e-mail:

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:00:48 -0000
From: Graham Cox ####@####.####
To: ####@####.####
Subject: SW

Dear Mr Mendel,

 I came across http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/ and was impressed that you had
written   a kind of technical manual which included a lead in for
non-programmers.

 I am responsible for the introduction to the world of a novel meta language
which will make application building far more straightforward and much
faster for  programmers (Windows currently, but planning to bring out a Unix
/ Linux version in the future) and later version for those with little
programming knowledge.

 We are looking for someone or an organisation to assist or take charge of
the reference manual creation process and I am writing to you to see if you
might have some interest. Their location is not important.

 The system is ready to go and so we are looking for a partner to work on
this as soon as possible. The development is under stealth at present as the
organisation is small and we cannot afford the time to be distracted by
large numbers of enquires until we are ready for that.

 Regards

Graham Cox

UK

Capital Connection Ltd

I guess the way this would work is that after you put in a couple
of hundred hours of work in on writing a manual and had an emotional
investment in the project, the guy would inform you that he needed a
small financial investment from you. And then another. And another . . .

I'm wondering whether any other LDP people got a similar e-mail.