discuss: Benefits (?) of authoring a document on LDP

Subject: Re: [discuss] Benefits (?) of authoring a document on LDP
From: Mendel Cooper ####@####.####
Date: 28 May 2006 17:45:58 -0000

On Sun, 28 May 2006, Gareth Anderson wrote:

> On 5/28/06, Mendel Cooper ####@####.#### wrote:
> >
> > Yesterday I received yet another unsolicited job offer of sorts as a
> > result of having authored documents for the LDP. That makes something
> > like three in the last few years, all from well-known IT outfits.
> >
> > While I personally have not been and am not looking for a job, this
> > particular benefit (?) might well be of interest to someone fresh out
> > of school.
>
> Thats interesting, I have to ask though, how many documents have you
> written?

Two. Advanced Bash Scripting Guide and the Software-Building HOWTO
(no longer maintained).

> Also, what was the job role? Along the lines of technical documentation?

The latest two offers were something along the lines of software engineer,
and the last one required kernel hacking experience, which I certainly
don't have.

Funny thing, though. Fifteen or twenty years ago, I would have given my
right arm to work for one of these outfits. Now, it doesn't much matter
to me. Where, oh where, was the LDP when I really needed it, way back when?