discuss: Thread: new maintainer help

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: new maintainer help
From: Fernando Boaglio ####@####.####
Date: 22 Apr 2009 04:39:57 +0100

Hi,

Recently I talked to Peter Jay Salzman ####@####.#### the maintainer of The Linux Gamers Howto and he agreed to allow me to be the new guy responsible for this document.

Before update anything, I would like to convert the SGML document to something easier to maintain,

What should I do?

[]'s
Fernando Boaglio

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [discuss] new maintainer help
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Apr 2009 07:07:31 +0100

Fernando Boaglio a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Recently I talked to Peter Jay Salzman ####@####.#### the maintainer of The Linux Gamers Howto and he agreed to allow me to be the new guy responsible for this document.
>
> Before update anything, I would like to convert the SGML document to something easier to maintain,
>
> What should I do?

If you agree to maintain it on the tldp wiki (http://wiki.tldp.org), I
can convert it for you.

Then you will just have to register to the wiki, fix the (small)
conversion problem and go on.

As soon as you think the HOWTO is up to date, say so here. After some
days for reviewing, I will make the necessary steps for publishing it
(the publication from the wiki is not yet completely automatic, python
programmer needed)

thanks
jdd

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org
From: Fernando Boaglio ####@####.####
Date: 23 Apr 2009 04:58:41 +0100

Of course I agree to wikify this HowTo, it will be so much easier to update it =)

I've already registered, my login is FernandoBoaglio.

I will update the document and let you guys know.

Question: how about the pt_BR translation, it will be hosted on the same wiki ?

[]'s
Fernando Boaglio

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Apr 2009 09:46:47 +0100

Fernando Boaglio a écrit :

> Of course I agree to wikify this HowTo, it will be so much easier to update it =)

done (almost)

http://wiki.tldp.org/Linux-Gamers-HOWTO

As you may see, the conversion is far from perfect specially tables
and links.

However, this HOWTO being pretty old and the subject constantly
moving, I didn't fix probably incorrect things.

Don't worry to ask for help if you need

http://wiki.tldp.org/MembersPage
http://wiki.tldp.org/AuthorsPage

can be of some help.

The document uses a licence pefecly good (AFAIK), but I'm familiar
with, so I let it up to you to see if it have to be included or not
and what is necessary to do to follow it

thanks
jdd
From: Fernando Boaglio ####@####.####
Date: 23 Apr 2009 12:55:04 +0100

That's fantastic, thanks! :)

Now I can easily export to HTML, PDF...

I can fix this links/tables as I update the whole document, no problem about that matter... =)

My only concern is about the pt_BR translation, where should it be?

[]'s
Fernando Boaglio

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Apr 2009 13:26:20 +0100

Fernando Boaglio a écrit :
> That's fantastic, thanks! :)
>
> Now I can easily export to HTML, PDF...
>
> I can fix this links/tables as I update the whole document, no problem about that matter... =)
>
> My only concern is about the pt_BR translation, where should it be?

as far as I know, pt_BR should go here: http://br.tldp.org/

jdd

From: Fernando Boaglio ####@####.####
Date: 24 Apr 2009 04:36:31 +0100

> > My only concern is about the pt_BR translation, where
> should it be?
>
> as far as I know, pt_BR should go here: http://br.tldp.org/

Ok, this is the wrong address issue again, (br.tldp.org should redirect to http://ldp-br.watter.net/), but still we have a wiki to publish the pt_BR version.

However I still need a little help to wikify this translation as you did to the original version.

Can you convert it for me?

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Apr 2009 07:43:45 +0100

Fernando Boaglio a écrit :

> Ok, this is the wrong address issue again, (br.tldp.org should
> redirect to http://ldp-br.watter.net/), but still we have a wiki to
> publish the pt_BR version.

can you elaborate a little? I see two different wikis, but don't read
portugese at all, so have no idea of why there are two :-(

> However I still need a little help to wikify this translation as
> you did to the original version.
>
> Can you convert it for me?

sorry, I have no idea of how this wiki works, you probably can ask for
help there

thanks
jdd