discuss: Thread: Bugs in linuxdoc fixed

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Bugs in linuxdoc fixed
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 18 Apr 2007 08:24:41 -0000

I just filed a bug report with Debian regarding overstrikes and escape
sequences in the text output of LinuxDoc.  And I was amazed that I got
a response the next day from someone who isn't the maintainer but is
fixing it.  I sent in a patch and he's proposed an alternate patch
which I don't completely agree with, but at least something is being
done.  Also, I received notices that two of my previously reported
bugs (one I reported several years ago) have been fixed but I haven't
got around yet to verifying that they really have been fixed.

Now if we could only find someone to develop linuxdoc-sgml so that it
can have all the tags that docbook has, but maintain the ability to
allow the user to omit 2/3 of the tags resulting in a much cleaner
appearance and ease of creation.  There would also be a subset with
fewer tags than linuxdoc now has, making this subset version easier to
use than the current linuxdoc.

			David Lawyer
Subject: Re: [discuss] Bugs in linuxdoc fixed
From: steven aatkinson ####@####.####
Date: 22 Apr 2007 03:01:03 -0000

 > just filed a bug report with Debian regarding overstrikes and escape
> sequences in the text output of LinuxDoc.  And I was amazed that I got
> a response the next day...

Great. Do we have a link we could use for linuxdoc-tools instead of the old (missing) authors page ?

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.