discuss: Thread: Per HOWTO webhit counters?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Per HOWTO webhit counters?
From: "David A. Ranch" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Oct 2005 17:54:38 -0000

Hello Everyone,

I'm curious if the TLDP servers track and account for web hits by HOWTO.
 Specifically, it would be interesting to see which HOWTOs are the most
in-demand, which formats are the most desired, total hits per HOWTO
(regardless of the format, etc.

Is there such a thing?

--David
Subject: Re: [discuss] Per HOWTO webhit counters?
From: David Horton ####@####.####
Date: 9 Oct 2005 21:41:46 -0000

David A. Ranch wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm curious if the TLDP servers track and account for web hits by HOWTO.
>  Specifically, it would be interesting to see which HOWTOs are the most
> in-demand, which formats are the most desired, total hits per HOWTO
> (regardless of the format, etc.
>
> Is there such a thing?
>
> --David

I once emailed Ibiblio to ask how many hits per day the TLDP site gets
and they were able to give me a number.  I would assume they have the
technical capability to supply a per HOWTO hit count as well.
Unfortunately, I have forgotten the name of the person I contacted.
Possibly Paul Jones, but that's just a guess.

Dave

From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####
Date: 11 Oct 2005 10:27:51 -0000

From: "David A. Ranch" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Nov 2005 21:23:13 -0000

I agree that there isn't anything we can do about the mirrors but it
would be nice if the main tldp.org site did provide some counters per
HOWTO (total and per-format).  I would consider it more of a statistical
data point than an authoritative counter.

--David

From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####
Date: 30 Nov 2005 10:02:02 -0000