discuss: Thread: Enterprise Java for Linux HOWTO

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Enterprise Java for Linux HOWTO
From: Mylene Reiners ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jul 2002 07:42:43 -0000

Hi,

Ages ago I thought it would be nice to update the *unmaintained* Enterprise
Java for Linux HOWTO.
Checking http://www.tldp.org/authors/unmaint.html, it states that this
document *has* a new maintainer.
No new document shows up...

What is the best way to act now?
Contact the new maintainer?

TIA,

Mylene
Subject: Re: Enterprise Java for Linux HOWTO
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jul 2002 08:25:01 -0000

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 09:42:04AM +0200, Mylene Reiners wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ages ago I thought it would be nice to update the *unmaintained* Enterprise
> Java for Linux HOWTO.
> Checking http://www.tldp.org/authors/unmaint.html, it states that this
> document *has* a new maintainer.
> No new document shows up...
>
> What is the best way to act now?
> Contact the new maintainer?

That sounds like a good approach. Let him know you're interested in
helping. He should either say yes (nobody's ever turned down help so
far as I know!) or say you can take it over yourself. Please let us
know so we can update the table.

Ferg, it might be a good idea to add a date column to that table so we
know how current the data is.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Under the full moon light we dance
Spirits dance, we dance
Joining hands, we dance
Joining souls rejoice!
		-- Karen Beth
From: Mylene Reiners ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jul 2002 05:36:15 -0000

Hi,

Some time ago I wrote the guy that is mentioned as "new maintainer" for the
Enterprise Java for Linux HOWTO. He didn't answer my e-mail.

What are the best steps to take now?
Contact the original maintainers? Or keep waiting for an answer (I send the
message july 9...)

TIA,

Mylene
From: Mylene Reiners ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jul 2002 13:46:45 -0000

Hi Guylhem et.al,

I contacted the previous maintainer *and* the original maintainer.
The previous maintainer agreed, and the document is released under the
GPL...
So you can count me in as maintainer of the above mentioned document. It
will cost some time till it will be finished.
Is it a good idea to update chapter by chapter, and to publish every update?
or....?

Cya,

Mylene

From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jul 2002 13:49:40 -0000

On Jul 26,  3:46pm, Mylene Reiners wrote:
> Subject: RE: Enterprise Java for Linux HOWTO
>
> I contacted the previous maintainer *and* the original maintainer.
> The previous maintainer agreed, and the document is released under the
> GPL...
> So you can count me in as maintainer of the above mentioned document.

I'll make the change accordingly.

> It will cost some time till it will be finished.
> Is it a good idea to update chapter by chapter, and to publish every
> update? or....?

Publish when you feel it's ready for release. Make sure you take
a look through the LDP Author Guide for details on submittal,
various procedures, style information, etc. Thanks.

--
Ferg

From: ####@####.####
Date: 15 Dec 2003 11:40:28 -0000

Hello all,

I'm interested in taking on maintenance of the EJ for Linux HOWTO:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Enterprise-Java-for-Linux-HOWTO.html

As you can see, it's pretty out-of-date.
I've mailed the former 3 maintainers, including the one shown as
current maintainer on the HOWTO itself, Mylene Reiners.

Mylene says that she handed ownership on to someone else some
time back, but is not sure who the current maintainer is now.
The other two, previous authors encouraged me to go ahead, and
one even offered to help.

I've done a Google search, and can't find any other EJ for Linux
HOWTOs around. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I could work
out who is the current maintainer?  Or would you like me to go
ahead and take on maintenance?

Happy to help if needed.

Yours,
--
Jon Fox
Computer Services

From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 18 Dec 2003 03:02:08 -0000

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 03:40, ####@####.#### wrote:
> I'm interested in taking on maintenance of the EJ for Linux HOWTO:
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Enterprise-Java-for-Linux-HOWTO.html
>
> As you can see, it's pretty out-of-date.
> I've mailed the former 3 maintainers, including the one shown as
> current maintainer on the HOWTO itself, Mylene Reiners.
>
> Mylene says that she handed ownership on to someone else some
> time back, but is not sure who the current maintainer is now.
> The other two, previous authors encouraged me to go ahead, and
> one even offered to help.
>
> I've done a Google search, and can't find any other EJ for Linux
> HOWTOs around. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I could work
> out who is the current maintainer?  Or would you like me to go
> ahead and take on maintenance?

Hi Jon,

I was looking at this link:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Enterprise-Java-for-Linux-HOWTO-1.html#ss1.8 and
couldn't find the reference to EJ or Mylene Reiners.

Are those names mentioned somewhere in the document and I've missed
them?  Otherwise, it appeares Gary Meyer is the latest maintainer, with
updates by Greg Wilkins.

Let me know where you saw those other two names!

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com

From: Jon Fox ####@####.####
Date: 19 Dec 2003 15:43:30 -0000

Tabatha Marshall wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 03:40, ####@####.#### wrote:
>
>>I'm interested in taking on maintenance of the EJ for Linux HOWTO:
>>http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Enterprise-Java-for-Linux-HOWTO.html
>>
>>As you can see, it's pretty out-of-date.
>>I've mailed the former 3 maintainers, including the one shown as
>>current maintainer on the HOWTO itself, Mylene Reiners.
>>
>>Mylene says that she handed ownership on to someone else some
>>time back, but is not sure who the current maintainer is now.
>>The other two, previous authors encouraged me to go ahead, and
>>one even offered to help.
>>
>>I've done a Google search, and can't find any other EJ for Linux
>>HOWTOs around. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I could work
>>out who is the current maintainer?  Or would you like me to go
>>ahead and take on maintenance?
>

> Hi Jon,
>
> I was looking at this link:
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Enterprise-Java-for-Linux-HOWTO-1.html#ss1.8 and
> couldn't find the reference to EJ or Mylene Reiners.
>
> Are those names mentioned somewhere in the document and I've missed
> them?  Otherwise, it appeares Gary Meyer is the latest maintainer, with
> updates by Greg Wilkins.
>
> Let me know where you saw those other two names!
>
> Tab

Hello,

I found them on the Unmaintained List:
http://tldp.org/authors/unmaint.html

"EJ for Linux" is an abbreviation for "Enterprise Java for Linux".

Yours,
--
Jon
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 19 Dec 2003 19:27:52 -0000

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 07:43, Jon Fox wrote:
> I found them on the Unmaintained List:
> http://tldp.org/authors/unmaint.html
>
> "EJ for Linux" is an abbreviation for "Enterprise Java for Linux".

Hi Jon,

Geez, I certainly misread that one!

Yeah, I took a look at Google too and couldn't see a version that was
edited by Mylene at all.  Since she already handed off to someone else
and doesn't know who the current maintainer is anymore, and since there
are no newer versions, I think it'd be okay if you took over maintenance
of this one, unless anyone else knows something I don't!

If someone eventually steps up and says he/she was supposed to be the
maintainer we can let them know what happened.

Tab

From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jul 2005 13:43:48 -0000