discuss: Thread: Linux documentation to be discussed at LinuxWorld Expo BOF

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Linux documentation to be discussed at LinuxWorld Expo BOF
From: Andy Oram ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jun 2005 14:48:38 -0000

There will be a BOF on creating documentation for Linux at
the upcoming LinuxWorld Expo in San Francisco; the BOF is on
Wednesday, August 10th, from 5:15pm - 6:45pm. It was set up
and will be moderated by Don Marti, editor in chief of Linux
Journal.

It would be great to have someone there who's deeply
involved in day-to-day coordination of the LDP. We don't
have any money to make this happen, of course. Who on this
mailing list is attending LinuxWorld? Or even living near
San Fransisco! I believe that, if you're close enough to get
to San Francisco without a lot of trouble, you can walk in
on the BOF without registering.  (Although of course there
are benefits to attending LinxuWorld as well.)

Andy Oram  O'Reilly Media                     email: ####@####.####
Editor     90 Sherman Street                       voice: 617-499-7479
           Cambridge, MA 02140-3233                  fax: 617-661-1116
           USA                         http://www.praxagora.com/andyo/
Stories at Web site:
The Bug in the Seven Modules     Code the Obscure     The Disconnected
From: "David Horton" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jun 2005 15:17:55 -0000

What's a BOF?  Is it anything like BOFH?
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bofh/

From: Edward Cherlin ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jun 2005 16:21:03 -0000

On Friday 17 June 2005 08:17, David Horton wrote:
> [...]

I'm not that deeply involved in coordination yet, but I'll be
there to represent Unicode and I18n interests.

> > We don't
> > have any money to make this happen, of course. Who on this
> > mailing list is attending LinuxWorld? Or even living near
> > San Fransisco!

I'm in Cupertino. Rick Moen is in Menlo Park. Anybody else?

> > I believe that, if you're close enough to get
> > to San Francisco without a lot of trouble, you can walk in
> > on the BOF without registering.  (Although of course there
> > are benefits to attending LinxuWorld as well.)
> >
> > --
> >---------- Andy Oram  O'Reilly Media
> > email: ####@####.#### Editor     90 Sherman Street
> >                voice: 617-499-7479 Cambridge, MA 02140-3233
> >                 fax: 617-661-1116 USA
> >  http://www.praxagora.com/andyo/ Stories at Web site:
> > The Bug in the Seven Modules     Code the Obscure     The
> > Disconnected
> >----------
>
> What's a BOF?  Is it anything like BOFH?
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~bofh/

--
Edward Cherlin, Simputer Evangelist
Encore Technologies (S) Pte. Ltd.
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jun 2005 17:54:58 -0000

Quoting Edward Cherlin ####@####.####

> I'm in Cupertino. Rick Moen is in Menlo Park. Anybody else?

To clarify:  Both of said wide spots in the road are approx. 120km from
San Francisco.  Thus, we certainly can both attend and help run that
event -- unless business obliges me to be out of town that week, which
with luck will not happen.  (I even used to live about a block from
Moscone Center, and thus know all the neighbourhood parking secrets.
;->  )

From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jun 2005 17:56:51 -0000

Quoting David Horton ####@####.####

> What's a BOF?  Is it anything like BOFH?
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~bofh/

A "Birds of a Feather" gathering -- a room set aside for a spontaneously
organised event among members of some community, that is not listed as a
formal part of the curriculum.