discuss: Thread: Re: Suggestion

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: WG: Suggestion
From: "Torsten Schlabach" ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2003 22:46:51 -0000

Dear list,

I had send this already to  ####@####.####
####@####.#### but up to know I did not get any feedback and did
not find this topic on the list of proposed HOWTOs on tldp.org. So I
will give this a 2nd try.

Torsten

From: Michał ####@####.####
Date: 20 Dec 2004 19:29:55 -0000

hello,

I am the author of several articles related to FOSS which are
tutorial-style introductions to different topics. At this moment there
are three: "Creating custom keyboard layouts for X11 using XKB",
"Formatting documents with OpenOffice.org macros" and "Introduction to
Unicode and using Unicode in Linux". Another one, "A Kommander Crash
Course" is on the way. The full list is available on my homepage:
http://hektor.umcs.lublin.pl/~mikosmul/computing/articles/index.html

I think these tutorials might be good material for HOWTO's.

The texts are double-licensed under the FDL and CC-BY-SA, but other
options are also possible if TLDP finds a need for that.

Regards,
Michal Kosmulski

--
Michal Kosmulski
http://hektor.umcs.lublin.pl/~mikosmul/

Subject: Re: Suggestion
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 20 Dec 2004 20:25:59 -0000

--- Micha³ Kosmulski ####@####.####
wrote:

> hello,
>
> I am the author of several articles related to FOSS
> which are
> tutorial-style introductions to different topics. At
> this moment there
> are three: "Creating custom keyboard layouts for X11
> using XKB",
> "Formatting documents with OpenOffice.org macros"
> and "Introduction to
> Unicode and using Unicode in Linux". Another one, "A
> Kommander Crash
> Course" is on the way. The full list is available on
> my homepage:

http://hektor.umcs.lublin.pl/~mikosmul/computing/articles/index.html

> I think these tutorials might be good material for
> HOWTO's.

If you know docbook/Linuxdoc you can present these
docs in that format. LDP uses either of these formats
to generate html,pdf etc automatically. Read the LDP
FAQ and authors guide for details

> The texts are double-licensed under the FDL and
> CC-BY-SA, but other
> options are also possible if TLDP finds a need for
> that.

both of these licenses are acceptable to LDP. It would
be better if the FDL licensed document does not
contain invariant sections

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram