discuss: Thread: Kerberos Infrastructure HOWTO

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Kerberos Infrastructure HOWTO
From: "V. Alex Brennen" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Apr 2004 18:38:06 -0000

Good afternoon LDP Staff,

I had written a HOWTO on the setup of Linux Kerberos
authentication infrastructure as part of a consulting
project at a University about year ago.

I am planning to update the HOWTO in order to improve
the writing quality, make the document more Linux
specific, fix broken links, and add new content.

I would like to know if the LDP would be interested
in publishing a revised version of the document. The
version which I plan to update can be found here:

http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/kerby-infra.html

If the LDP will accept it, I will convert it to
the LDP formats & standards when I update it.

Please let me know if you would accept this
proposal for an updated copy of my Kerberos
document to the LDP.

Thanks,

       - VAB
Subject: Re: Kerberos Infrastructure HOWTO
From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 26 Apr 2004 20:06:55 -0000

looks pretty good. it will be good addition to the repository

you might want to seperate installation from configuration, as 2
different sections. and add more details to the configuration.

Saqib Ali
-------------
http://validate.sf.net <---- (X)HTML / DocBook XML Validator and Transformer

From: "V. Alex Brennen" ####@####.####
Date: 26 May 2004 14:20:10 -0000

Good morning everyone,

I apologize for taking so long to submit this document.
It took me quite some time to get a good understanding
of DOCBOOK.

I have updated all of the links and out dated content in
the HOWTO.  I have also expanded some sections of it. I
would like to submit it as is for inclusion in the LDP.
Would you please have it reviewed for acceptance?

I believe I still have an error in my DOCBOOK 4.2 XML
related to the initial <section></section> tags which
are perhaps not properly nested.  If someone can double
check this for me and explain a fix, I would appreciate
it.  Alternatively if they would point me to the XML of
the LDP Author Guide, that would likely also allow me
to correct the error.  I couldn't find that XML
document in your CVS tree.

The XML version of the Kerberos Infrastructure HOWTO
is available here:

http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/kerby-infra.xml

I have placed an HTML conversion, done with
db2html -u, of it here:

http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/kerby-infra-draft/kerby-infra.html

I plan to update the HOWTO to separate the configuration
and installation sections, as suggested, in the next
three months or so when I do a scheduled Kerberos
deployment.  Please let me know of any other formatting
or content suggestions.

Thanks,

    - VAB