discuss: Thread: Linux Dictionary driving me nuts

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Linux Dictionary driving me nuts
From: Binh ####@####.####
Date: 18 May 2004 08:53:14 -0000

Hello again,

I'm afraid my dictionary is driving me nuts again....
Below is the log output....

 ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [number of
strings=43990].
\IfFileExists #1#2#3->\openin \@inputcheck #1
                                              \ifeof
\@inputcheck \ifx \inpu...
l.268018 {1}}

If you really absolutely need more capacity,
you can ask a wizard to enlarge me.

Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 43989 strings out of 43990
 259994 string characters out of 340896
 267096 words of memory out of 348001
 41743 multiletter control sequences out of
10000+32500
 31640 words of font info for 37 fonts, out of 400000
for 1000
 14 hyphenation exceptions out of 1000
 28i,12n,43p,8073b,1345s stack positions out of
1500i,500n,1500p,50000b,5000s
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file not
finished!

                    707,1

I've pretty much added two extra zeros on to the end
of everything in my /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf configuration
file. Has anyone got any ideas of how to handle this
situation?

Many thanks,
Binh.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Linux Dictionary driving me nuts
From: "Chris Karakas" ####@####.####
Date: 18 May 2004 11:55:09 -0000

Binh Nguyen ####@####.#### schrieb am 18.05.04 10:53:28:

>  ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [number of
> strings=43990].
>
> I've pretty much added two extra zeros on to the end
> of everything in my /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf configuration
> file. Has anyone got any ideas of how to handle this
> situation?

I ran into similar problems with my LyX-to-X scripts. I describe them in detail in:

http://www.karakas-online.de/mySGML/tex-errors.html

--
Regards

Chris Karakas