discuss: Thread: Mirror Sponsoring (fwd)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Mirror Sponsoring (fwd)
From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####
Date: 2 May 2004 16:21:33 -0000

Subject: Re: Mirror Sponsoring (fwd)
From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" ####@####.####
Date: 3 May 2004 05:34:59 -0000

At 10:21 5/2/2004, Machtelt Garrels wrote:
>See message below.  I guess this sort of defeats calling it a mirror?
>TLDP exists principally because of iBilbio.  I'd say make an HTML page
>with a link to the sponsor of the mirror and a link to TLDP, but what
>should the official answer be here?

Perhaps two logos? One pointing to iBiblio as the LDP's primary sponsor,
and the other pointing to the sponsor for that mirror. iBiblio deserves
major recognition for their role. But having run a Red Hat mirror myself
previously, I think the people who are donating hardware, space, and
bandwidth to be a local LDP mirror also deserve to be thanked... it's
costing them time and money, and if we can say "thanks" that way then we've
done a Good Thing [tm].

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
####@####.####

From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 3 May 2004 05:47:59 -0000

i think the ibiblio logo is just on the front page of
ldp.org . the mirror site owners have an option of
replace the logo with their own logo and link. a
simple few line script, called from the crontab can do
the trick.

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
http://validate.sf.net

From: "Ferg / LDP" ####@####.####
Date: 3 May 2004 13:43:29 -0000

> i think the ibiblio logo is just on the front page of
> ldp.org . the mirror site owners have an option of
> replace the logo with their own logo and link. a
> simple few line script, called from the crontab can do
> the trick.

We've been asked about this situation (replacing the logo/link)
before, and this is the reply I've always given them (mirror owners).

regards

--
Greg Ferguson / LDP volunteer
From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####