discuss: Thread: Circuit simulation with SPICE using gEDA -- HOWTO

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Circuit simulation with SPICE using gEDA -- HOWTO
From: ####@####.#### (Stuart Brorson)
Date: 21 May 2004 01:41:30 -0000

Hello --

As promised, I am releasing a HOWTO about performing analog circuit
simulations on Linux using gEDA and SPICE.  This is my initial
release; I would like the LDP gurus to take a look at it and make
comments/edit/fix the document.

As I mentioned, I haven't gotten the formatting to work out as well as
I would like.  In particular, here are some problems:

*  The table in the appendix looks terrible

*  Neither the .png nor the .eps graphic show up in the .pdf file.

*  Some sections are missing (e.g. the legal bit holding the GPL).

Aside from the formatting, the content is ready for people to look at
in order to make comments.

I am using the following flow to create the various files:

gEDA_Spice_HOWTO.lyx --->
  Lyx ---(.sgml)---> gEDA_SPICE_HOWTO.sgml
    docbook2tex ---(.tex)--->
      pdfjadetex ---> gEDA_SPICE_HOWTO.pdf

You can find them all here:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/HOWTO

Please download whichever one you can use and give it a read.  I am
looking for the following kinds of readers:

*  People who will read the .pdf version and comment on the technical
   content.

*  People who will read the .lyx or the .sgml versions and submit
   formatting changes.  My particular interest is in hearing from
   people who can bring the doc into a format compatible with the LDP
   project's desired "look & feel", as well as help with my residual
   sgml problems.

As for where the doc fits in the LDP's taxonomy: It is a HOWTO which
is aimed towards advanced undergraduates in electrical engineering, or
towards practicing electronics design engineers.  It deals with
installing and using an important CAD tool used in analog electronics
design.

Please direct all questions and corrections (and hopefully patches) to
me.  Thanks!

Stuart