discuss: Thread: new HOWTO proposal

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: New howto proposal
From: "Rodolfo Bonnin" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Oct 2006 13:27:02 -0000

Hi list!

I've been working in disk information recovery, in extreme cases when
no backup is done, and partition information is erased or crippled,
with success.

Do you think a document about data recovery and restoration couuld be
included as a how-to inside  TLDP? If so, I could extend some writing
I have, in order to be reviewed.

Regards,

Rodolfo Bonnin.
Subject: Re: [discuss] New howto proposal
From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####
Date: 23 Oct 2006 13:41:05 -0000

From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 23 Oct 2006 13:41:16 -0000

Rodolfo Bonnin a écrit :
> Hi list!
>
> I've been working in disk information recovery, in extreme cases when
> no backup is done, and partition information is erased or crippled,
> with success.
>
> Do you think a document about data recovery and restoration couuld be
> included as a how-to inside  TLDP? If so, I could extend some writing
> I have, in order to be reviewed.

there are already howto's about partitoning and recovering
of partition (my partition rescue howto), but they cope only
AFAIK on partition table reconstruction.

If you have any info to add, feel free to do that, either by
contributing to the existing howtos or writing a hole new
one if applicable.

in fact I was asked some month ago to merge my howto woth
the other, but I don't have had any news since then (and
don't have at hand the mail)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net
From: Ruben ####@####.####
Date: 23 Oct 2006 21:25:39 -0000

Hey all,

I'm not exactly sure how to do the reviewer role, but i've some free hours
weekly, and can help wherever it is needed here.

Feel free to contact me to give me the necessary directions.

I only mantain a unofficial LinuxDoc mirror, since some years ago.

Regards,

Rubén.

2006/10/23, Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####

--
"The Universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest"
Kilgore Trout, Venus On The Half Shell
From: "Chris Hayes" ####@####.####
Date: 28 Oct 2006 11:35:10 -0000

I know someone who was recently asking for information on this subject. Any
idea how soon you might have a draft of it?