discuss: Thread: PHP HOWTO

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: PHP HOWTO
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 24 Dec 2002 09:13:27 -0000

Hi folks,

Based on the recent review of the PHP HOWTO, I wanted to let everyone
know that we'd like to take the same approach to this document as we
have with the C++ HOWTO, and work on creating a rewrite on this subject.

There has been a lot of input related to this discussion list in the
past, however a lot of new people have passed through since that time,
and I am quite sure that there are several people who are interested in
working on the subject of PHP.

Since I know we are in the midst of a holiday, I think it's reasonable
to say it's going to take at least a couple of weeks to assemble a
team.  Once done, we can work off-list to determine the scope and
audience of the document, and then the sections.  As with the C++ HOWTO,
it would be nice to start with an outline or TOC of what everyone would
like to see, and at what level most people think the PHP HOWTO should be
written: beginners, intermediate or advanced, or a combination?  Given
the subject, it seems to me it would be nice if it were a full guide.

The LDP should be the first stop for documentation (it always has been
for me), and it would be cool to see the PHP HOWTO really be something
that we can be proud of having in the collection.

Those with the fortitude to tackle this subject - what are your ideas?
If you would like to get involved, please share your thoughts with the
discussion list, and let me know if you'd like to be part of the team!

Merry Christmas, and best wishes over the holidays!

--
Tabatha Persad
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com

From: rahul ####@####.####
Date: 9 Nov 2003 16:32:26 -0000

hi

i think the php howto is outdated too. php users should use php.net
manual. i suggest we pull out this howto immediately

last modified date:v25.4, 13 July 2001

regards
rahul sundaram

Subject: Re: php howto
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 9 Nov 2003 18:26:22 -0000

The PHP HOWTO was pulled some time ago (or so I thought!), and has a
team assigned to revamp it (you can reach the main contact through the
In-Progress page).  Unfortunately, the team is quite busy, but I have
heard recently that they will soon be getting started on a new one.

Rahul, did you find the PHP HOWTO at LDP, or at a mirror?  It shouldn't
be coming up anymore at LDP, unless the removal got missed somehow (I
assumed it was done).

I have advised the author to provide a link for draft versions as soon
as they become available.

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall