discuss: Thread: XML compilation

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: XML compilation
From: "Binh Nguyen" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Sep 2003 14:42:58 -0000

Hi everyone,

jade:/root/LDP/guide/docbook/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/Sources.xml:275:14:E
: end tag for "bibliography" which is not finished

Could someone please tell me what the above message means? The XML source is
available at
http://cvsview.tldp.org/index.cgi/LDP/guide/docbook/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarc
hy/

Thankyou,
Binh.
Subject: Re: XML compilation
From: "Chris Karakas" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Sep 2003 22:07:53 -0000

Binh Nguyen wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> jade:/root/LDP/guide/docbook/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/Sources.xml:275:14:E
> : end tag for "bibliography" which is not finished
> >

> Could someone please tell me what the above message means?

On line 275 of Sources.xml, you have an error. The error is that the end tag
</bibliography> is there, but there is something missing between <bibliography> and
</bibliography> according to the DTD, perhaps because it thinks that there is
another child element open which you had to finish with </...> first, before you
finish the bibliography element.

I guess you had a "character data not allowed here" error previously, or some other
one which screwed things up, so that the parser started throwing errors after that,
including the one you posted.

The bottom line is, you have somewhere else another error and this one is probably a
follow-up. Try to correct all previous errors.

Regards

Chris Karakas
http://www.karakas-online.de

From: "Binh Nguyen" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Sep 2003 13:41:03 -0000

Problem solved! Yippee!!!!

Thanks everyone,
Binh.
From: Chris Karakas ####@####.####
Date: 17 Sep 2003 08:50:19 -0000

Binh Nguyen wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> jade:/root/LDP/guide/docbook/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/Sources.xml:275:14:E
> : end tag for "bibliography" which is not finished
> >

> Could someone please tell me what the above message means?

On line 275 of Sources.xml, you have an error. The error is that the end tag
</bibliography> is there, but there is something missing between <bibliography> and
</bibliography> according to the DTD, perhaps because it thinks that there is
another child element open which you had to finish with </...> first, before you
finish the bibliography element.

I guess you had a "character data not allowed here" error previously, or some other
one which screwed things up, so that the parser started throwing errors after that,
including the one you posted.

The bottom line is, you have somewhere else another error and this one is probably a
follow-up. Try to correct all previous errors.

Regards

Chris Karakas
http://www.karakas-online.de

______________________
http://lists.tldp.org/

Boundary_(ID_bdJo98VAub3z23irWTTRMw)

From: Binh Nguyen ####@####.####
Date: 17 Sep 2003 08:50:33 -0000

Problem solved! Yippee!!!!

Thanks everyone,
Binh.

______________________
http://lists.tldp.org/

Boundary_(ID_B/WN8dbwPGIqNz9mmfZvHQ)

From: Binh Nguyen ####@####.####
Date: 17 Sep 2003 08:53:56 -0000

Hi everyone,

jade:/root/LDP/guide/docbook/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/Sources.xml:275:14:E
: end tag for "bibliography" which is not finished

Could someone please tell me what the above message means? The XML source is
available at
http://cvsview.tldp.org/index.cgi/LDP/guide/docbook/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarc
hy/

Thankyou,