discuss: Thread: About Linux Documentation Library

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: About Linux Documentation Library
From: "Oleg Vyushin" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2003 10:05:46 -0000

As a service to the Open Source community, Fultus Corporation is providing
free
access to Guides and HOWTOs from the Linux Documentation Project through
our innovative eLibrary interface.  Search and browse the entire
collection from a single browser window!  Fultus also provides free and
up-to-date RedHat and FreeBSD manuals in one convenient location.  These
resources are available at http://elibrary.fultus.com/ ("Technical
Literature"
section).

Direct link to the Linux Documentation Library:
http://elibrary.fultus.com/linux/

Subject: Re: About Linux Documentation Library
From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2003 14:58:10 -0000

looks good :)

Saqib Ali
---------
http://www.xml-dev.com

From: "Chris Karakas" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2003 15:34:06 -0000

Looks nice, but has errors: the links in the link frame contains blanks:

http://elibrary.fultus.com/mergedProjects/Linux - HOWTOs/

causing errors with my Netscape 4.80:

-----------
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

The request line contained invalid characters following the protocol string.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.fultus.com Port 80
-----------

You should replace every blank in the links with %20. For the above bad link, this
means:

http://elibrary.fultus.com/mergedProjects/Linux%20-%20HOWTOs/

Regards

Chris Karakas
http://www.karakas-online.de

From: "Oleg Vyushin" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Sep 2003 16:30:21 -0000

Dear, Chris

One month ago my friends and I tested eLibrary in the following
environments:

1.. Solaris 9 (Mozilla 1.3)

2.. Linux RedHat 9 (Mozilla 1.2.1)

3.. FreeBSD 5.1 (XFree86 4.3.0, Mozilla 1.2.1)

Everything is working fine!

One week ago:

Windows XP/Mozilla 1.4 (Release candidate 1) - Ok! (see attached screenshot)

Windows XP/Mozilla 1.4 (Release candidate 2) - Ok! (see attached screenshot)

Linox (KDE 3.1.1)/Mozilla 1.3(Mozilla Debian Package 1.3.4)) - OK!

Windows XP/Mozilla Firebird 0.6 - Ok! (see attached screenshot)

Netscape 6.1 - OK!

Yuou need upgrade you current Netscape version to the Netscape 6.1 and up

-Oleg

From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 25 Sep 2003 05:52:50 -0000

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 03:03:13AM -0700, Oleg Vyushin wrote:
> As a service to the Open Source community, Fultus Corporation is providing
> free
> access to Guides and HOWTOs from the Linux Documentation Project through
> our innovative eLibrary interface.  Search and browse the entire
> collection from a single browser window!  Fultus also provides free and
> up-to-date RedHat and FreeBSD manuals in one convenient location.  These
> resources are available at http://elibrary.fultus.com/ ("Technical
> Literature" section).

I tried it with the lynx text browser and it doesn't work.  This is the
only browser I can use right now.  Since the LDP stuff is mostly all text,
I think it's a shame that it can't be viewed with a text browser at your
new site :-).