discuss: Thread: Enterprise Java for Linux HOWTO

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: Enterprise Java for Linux HOWTO
From: folajimi ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jul 2005 14:13:01 -0000

I agree with the "guide-splitting" idea. Who knows, I may even be able to help
out. :)

Also, are there procedures in place to avoid the kind of "volunteer abuse"
suffered by Mr. Wilkins? If not, I propose that we ask the community for ideas
on how to prevent such incidents in the future.

JA

From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jul 2005 11:45:42 -0000

From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####
Date: 3 Aug 2005 09:18:31 -0000

From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 7 Aug 2005 18:59:03 -0000

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, folajimi wrote:
[snip]

> > Also, are there procedures in place to avoid the kind of
> > "volunteer abuse" suffered by Mr. Wilkins? If not, I propose that
> > we ask the community for ideas on how to prevent such incidents in
> > the future.

I think someone said he was forced to take over a howto.  I didn't
think there was anything wrong with such a statement.  "forced" is
used in a figurative sense and is not meant to be taken literally.
			David Lawyer