discuss: Thread: my links are missing!

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: my links are missing!
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 8 Jul 2003 15:10:10 -0000

I just noticed that one of my links is missing from my document!
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/ACPI-HOWTO/x687.html

	For more information about software for ACPI, please use the .

There should be a link before the period at the end of the sentence.

When I used the new style sheets that David is working on my link appears:
http://xtrinsic.com/geek/articles/acpi.html#id2866757

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

thanks
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]
From: Greg Ferguson ####@####.####
Date: 8 Jul 2003 15:41:05 -0000

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:10:10 -0400 Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.#### wrote:

> I just noticed that one of my links is missing from my document!
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/ACPI-HOWTO/x687.html
>
>         For more information about software for ACPI, please use the .
>
> There should be a link before the period at the end of the sentence.
>
> When I used the new style sheets that David is working on my link
> appears:
> http://xtrinsic.com/geek/articles/acpi.html#id2866757
>
> Does anyone know how I can fix this?

try adding xreflabel="{some_text}" to
<variablelist id="software"> (your anchor point).

http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/xref.html (see Processing expectations #2)

From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 8 Jul 2003 15:59:38 -0000

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:37:36AM -0400, Greg Ferguson wrote:
> try adding xreflabel="{some_text}" to
> <variablelist id="software"> (your anchor point).
>
> http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/xref.html (see Processing expectations #2)

None of my other xref elements need this...AND the id
is missing from the <variablelist>, but it's there in the file that I made
using David's style sheets:
	http://xtrinsic.com/geek/articles/acpi.html#software

emma