discuss: Thread: A new HOWTO

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: A new HOWTO
From: Raymond Martin ####@####.####
Date: 11 Aug 2001 17:31:37 -0000

I am interested in starting a new HOWTO document and am making contact as
instructed in the LDP Author Guide HOWTO.

The main topic of my HOWTO is Advanced Programming--some of the topics it
will deal with are: programming languages(things which are not dealt with in
the programming-languages-HOWTO), methodologies, dynamic programming,
real-time, concurrent systems, algorithms, and more...

Please contact me if there is any problem with this.

Failing contact, I will be starting the HOWTO in the next few days.

Raymond Martin
####@####.####

From: "sayamindu dasgupta" ####@####.####
Date: 31 Oct 2001 04:19:39 -0000

hello everybuddy,
Jan Stifter and I have written a howto on configuring a PCTel HSP Modem (a
software modem) in linux.
a *beta* version is up at
http://sayamindu.topcities.com/pctel.html
take a look if u can and shoot down any errors and send in any
suggestions/brickbats..
cheers
Sayamindu Dasgupta

*http://sayamindu.topcities.com/                                    *
*Linux madcow.insane 2.4.12 #2 Fri Oct 19 21:28:20 IST 2001 i686    *
*Support the SETI AT HOME project at http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/*

From: Mark Finlay ####@####.####
Date: 15 Nov 2001 18:27:47 -0000

Hey everyone,
Im Mark Finlay and I'm new to all this.

I've written a HOWTO on how to boot linux and X off a cd-rom.
What do I do now - should i send it to the submit mailing list?

Mark

Subject: Re: A new HOWTO
From: --s+ ####@####.####
Date: 15 Nov 2001 19:02:29 -0000

--->[Quoting Mark Finlay ####@####.####

> Hey everyone,
> Im Mark Finlay and I'm new to all this.
>
> I've written a HOWTO on how to boot linux and X off a cd-rom.
> What do I do now - should i send it to the submit mailing list?

hello, you are welcome!

--
             http://ibiblio.org/ser/ | http://it-zone.org/
|linuxdoc.org|gnu.org|hyperreal.pl|pld.org.pl|maxweber.net|it-zone.org|
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 16 Nov 2001 04:53:58 -0000

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 06:31:49PM +0000, Mark Finlay wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> Im Mark Finlay and I'm new to all this.
>
> I've written a HOWTO on how to boot linux and X off a cd-rom.
> What do I do now - should i send it to the submit mailing list?

Yes, send it to ####@####.#### if it's publication ready. If you
want it proofread, first send it to ####@####.####

Thanks,

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Everybody in the communications business is paranoid of Microsoft, including
me.
	--News Corporation CEO Rupert Murdoch